9 February 2011

Homemade Screen Printing!

The lovely technicians at fine art gave me a small screen printing screen for free last week, and today i finally put it to the test! I decided to do it old school by using paper and double sided tape to make the image on the screen, with help from a scalpel and the laser cutter!!


The samples are a bit hit and miss! half because I've only ever screen printed once before and also because i had very limited choice in what colour inks were laying around and they didnt work great on dark neoprene!!

These samples worked quite well, apart from I didn't really put enough ink on and the squeegee is about half the size of the screen so I couldn't get an even coverage, but I'm happy with it as a sample. I also did some samples on black neoprene with bright blue ink but it was a complete fail because you can't see the screen print at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment